Monday, January 9, 2012

Tears and a bit more

I have fought with myself
All the little battles and the big wars
But all my life have I hoped
for the falling to stop
Wished for my life to move with a place to go
where I don't feel alone

where I won't wonder if there is anyone up above
I have hoped still against hope that I find
the oasis that eludes me, in the shifting sands

But all the Gods that I have believed in
have made my beliefs futile
All I am left with now is a
tear-stained face and a crushed soul
As the nights rush by
without singing me a lullaby
I wonder if there is a solution
or if this life is just an illusion

I cannot tell you how much
I want you here looking out for me
helping me make peace with myself
holding me close to you
and telling me I have a place after all


2 comments:

  1. And all i want to do
    Is hold you to me
    All i've ever lived for
    Is this moment, by your side
    All i know is, you belong with me
    Your nights are mine, and they
    No longer will pass you by
    I'll be your sleep, your lullaby.

    ReplyDelete